or should I call it “my tiny blog actually means something to someone?!”
On any way, shape or form, each lovely thing was nominated to a Liebster Award by one of the first bloggers I started following since joining this world: Tozanita.
If you, like me, is new to this, you may not even have heard about it. The Liebster Award is a chain blog award passed around the blogging community as a sweet, simple and encouraging way of getting to know other bloggers and celebrating their work.
The best part about it is that the award is given to blogs with 500 or less followers, which encourages their readership to grow, and connects them with at least 10 other blogs. How great is that?
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
- Answer the 11 questions they ask you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 500 followers.
- Ask those 11 bloggers 11 questions.
- Let those bloggers know they’ve been nominated so they can continue the chain!
So, let’s jump right in!
:: thank you
to the amazing Toza and Anita, from Tozanita blog, for nominating me. I never, in a million years, thought I’d be nominated for anything, nor that my life would be interesting to anyone else, much less adventurers such as yourselves. I’m super excited and honored. And i hope to one day, visit and document as much as you two do. It’s always so amazing to experience life and new places through someone else’s eyes. If you, like me, loves knowing new places, don’t forget to check their blog out here:
:: the questions
- What’s something you have yet to do, that you would regret not having done, if you were on your deathbed right now?
- So that you won’t have that regret, what are you going to do about that wish now?
- What is your favourite place in the world that is not a major tourist attraction/destination?
- If you could have one special skill/talent, what would it be? (eg. to be fluent in every language in the world, to be an incredible singer, etc.)
- If you could be any animal for a day, what would it be and why?
- What is the whackiest event/food/place you have experienced?
- Who/What is your inspiration?
- How do you measure success for yourself?
- How do you handle stress?
- What do you like most about wherever you’re at right now (place or situational)?
- I need to….
:: the answers
1. I’d hate to go before sharing all my love with children – be them my own/ adopted. not being a mother would make me feel incomplete. And also telling my parents how grateful I am for all they’ve done, and to show my husband how much joy I’ve felt since he walked into my life.
2. Well we are definitely not planning for kids anytime soon, though we have our plan for the future. And aside from that I can only be the best daughter/ wife I can be to convey all my emotions.
3. Oh, that’s a hard one. I don’t really have a favorite place to be. Honestly. If I had to pick a place I’d say, as mushy as it sounds, my husbands arms. Whenever he gets home I’ll inhale his scent and I just feel peaceful, complete. Whenever I’m stressed, or worried, that’s the first place I go to.
4. Ooh, I’d be fluent in every language! There’s nothing I like more than talking (ask my husband) and I’m incredibly sad that I’ve lost most (if not all) of the German I’ve learnt while in my exchange program. I’d love to visit every country and be able to communicate with everyone.
5. I know the answer should be something that flies, but I’d really love to be a horse. I have such an admiration for these creatures. They are regal, powerful, and docile at the same time. I’d love nothing more than to run and feel free.
6. Oh, dear. I’m honestly no fun at all. My palate is that of a kid, so I never go out of my comfort zone. But in my country, on the last day of the year there is a parade at the beach, where guys dress up as women, and have to act like one, all the while live bands are playing and around 1 million people gather to watch them and to have fun. We had the greatest times getting our friends ready for it, and it was really goofy how they portray women.
7. Is it really lame if I say my mom? Because she honestly is. She truly faced all adversities to become who/what she is today. She came from a not so wealthy family, had to find means to get into schools with scholarships since they had no money for higher education, and is one of the most giving, nurturing souls I know; besides being an amazing, intelligent, kind doctor. One day I hope to be able to give my children what she gave me, and teach them what she taught me.
8. Success is measured by my happiness. I don’t need to have the best job, but I have to have a job that gives me the means to be happy – love what I do, pay my bills, save for my future, invest, buy a house, and still be able to enjoy life ( not in a buy spree mode, but being able to travel, and experience the world).
9. I’m terrible at handling stress. I truly am. I panic, I fret, I pick on my arms, I bite off my nail polish, and my asthma gets out of hand. So not a great combo. I’m a worry wart. Always have been. So I’m not one to be giving advice on how to do it, cause frankly, I am awful at it. So if you have any advice, I’d love to hear.
10. Well. I love this place because after 3.5 years of long distance I’m finally able to be with my husband. And I do believe I’ve gained confidence since moving, and peace of mind in a lot of ways ( Rio isn’t the safest place to live, you know?) And I have a really steady job that provides me with just enough to pay the bills and have a little money to spend on fun things ( not that I don’t think I don’t deserve a raise).
11. Find a better/ more fulfilling job, stop worrying about the future and start living today. ( see what I did there?) I really need to focus on the future, but I always worry about today.
:: my nominations
2. i had a boy
10. helena runs
11. zahra art design
:: my questions
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
- If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
- If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
- What kind of vacations do you like?
- What’s something most people don’t know about you?
- If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today?
- What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
- What was the highlight of your day so far?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- If you could change one thing from your life as it is today, what would it be?